Sunday, April 12, 2009

Conversations with a 4 year old......


So I thought I might share some of the conversations I've enjoyed having with Mickle lately....


All grown up????


So Mickle was on the phone with his grandmother, when we had this conversation

"When the baby is born, I'm gonna be ALL grown up".


"Um, no Mickle- when the baby is born you'll still be a kid. A big boy- but not all grown up."


"No, when the baby is born- I'll be all grown up- just like daddy!"


"Nope, sweetheart, - you'll be a big boy- but you are still gonna be a kid- not all grown up"


"No mommy! When the baby is born, I'm gonna be all grown up- and a fire fighter! I'll be like daddy...........just shorter!"


LOL- the conversation went on for a while until he was finally convinced that the baby being born wouldn't affect his growth, and ranking status......or so we thought :-D


About a week later we had this conversation -


"So mom, when the baby is born- I'm gonna be grown up just like Uncle Jonathan!"


"No Mickle, you will still be just like you are. A big boy who still has to obey his mommy"


"But when the baby is born, I'm gonna be grown up like Uncle Jonathan and go to that (skateboard) park"


"No sweetheart- the baby being born makes you a big boy- but not grown up!"

(Again- the conversation went on for a while until he realized I wasn't gonna back down)



Discussed one Saturday morning over breakfast.......


"So mom, when the baby is born, I'm going to get her out of her crib and hold her just like this (cradles arms like he's holding a baby)"


"No SIR! You are not going to get the baby out of the crib! Only mommy and daddy do that!"


"No, mom (like I don't understand what he's saying), when the baby is born, I will go and sooo very carefully get her out of the crib and hold her just like this! (cradles arms again)"


"No Mickle! You are not to get the baby out of her crib! Mommy and Daddy do that"


"But mom, sometimes my baby will cry.....and she will want me to get her out of the crib.....and so very very careful, I will get her, and I will hold her just like this! (and again we cradle the arms)


"Mickle- sometimes the baby will cry, and it is ok- and ONLY mommy and daddy get her out of the crib. If you do- even if you hold her very carefully- you will get in trouble!"


He wasn't interested in continuing that conversation anymore!



Giving Spirit?


Shortly after he found out that he was gonna get a sibling- he announced that he wanted to give his favorite blanket "blue bubba" to the baby. As his parents we thought that was sweet, until his amended it about two weeks later. He came up to us and announce "the baby told me that it doesn't want my blue bubba. It told me it wants a different bubba!" LOL- we assured him that the baby would have it's own blanket, and he didn't need to worry about losing his blanket.


He another time announce that he wanted to give the baby his tricycle. He talked for a while about how the baby could have his tricycle, and how he was too big for it, and the baby would just love it. Then......he announce that since the baby was gonna have his tricycle- he would need a NEW bicycle!!!! LOL- that's some future planning and processing on his part!




No comments: